Friday, March 8, 2024

5 thing Friday - cabinet clean-out, snakes, treats, cross, puzzle

I decided once and for all that I was tired of the function of this under the counter cabinet in the kitchen.  Its where I store extra dishes, including those dishes that I cleared out  of the china cabinet, plus my mixer,  the wax tarts, some holiday dishes, and miscellany.
Normally the trash can sits in front of it.
I pulled everything out and wiped it all down.
I had a tiny bit of shelf liner that I used for the top shelf.  (When I moved my plants outside, I ran all of the white plates through the dishwasher, which is why I only have two pictured here.)  I boxed up the china, found another place for the wax tarts box to live, and moved the mixer so I can get to the trash bags more easily.  The china went to the thrift store and I am not sad about that - we never did end up using them over the holidays.  Or ever, really.
Its hard to tell, but the small(!) yellow sign warns you about VENOMNOUS SNAKES in the area.  This is literally a few feet away from the employee entrance at my hospital.  I hope you can read, people.
Here's another one!  This one near a sidewalk that literally everyone, including the general public,  uses.  What snakes you might ask?  Oh, only copperheads, coral snakes and RATTLESNAKES*.  I mean, I guess its good that you would be right here at a hospital if you got bit.
The upside of having a son who works in a bakery is that he brings us treats like fresh French bread, muffins, and thick walnut chocolate chip cookies.  Its like he reads my mind.
Well actually, I did a save a couple of china pieces out from the donation pile.  And from my Buy Nothing Group, I got this pretty mosaic cross.  I don't know what possessed me to jump on it so quickly (after purging so much junk from my house), but the person lived within walking distance from my house and I got to meet a neighbor!  Meant to be mine, I guess. But after Easter, I think it will go.  
Will this puzzle ever get completed?  Will Gina ever clear off her dining table?  Will we actually ever use it to eat in the future?  The world will have to wait to know.


Gina


*rattlesnakes are something I won't miss about Highlands...

3 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I am sick to death of my cabinets beneath my countertop as well. The trouble is, I haven’t gotten rid of anything, but instead found things I had forgotten about and I’ve been using them. I guess that’s a good thing. Maybe.

Joanne said...

I keep thinking about cleaning out my kitchen cupboards but I keep putting off that chore. My husband is nearly done making some shelves for our mini kitchen we put in our basement a year or two ago and I'm hopeful that if I just rehome some of things down there it will make the project a bit less intimidating. Your cookie looks delicious!

Kim said...

I love that shelf liner, so pretty! I just cleaned out the cabinet under my sink. It felt good!