Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Spring 2024 projects

In January, I made a plan to get some projects done at my house this year - big ones like repairs and such.  But in a burst of energy last week, maybe because it feels like spring!, I did some spiffing out in the garage.  Garage spiffing is a common theme on this blog, because it has taken me years to get it under some kind of control!
I was determined to:
*place those grocery sacks of recycles elsewhere (the recycle bin is FULL)
*add those boxes of donations to the stuff I already have in the truck  
*do some purging in the file cabinet and make space to store items I was keeping in the dresser (its a BIG filing cabinet)
*remove the broken IKEA dresser (which will go out on Big Trash Day)
I did all of that plus mopped the floor in this space and wiped down the wall.  I plan to: 
*add a bigger rug
*hang the Texas flag art The Girl made years ago
It was hanging at Highlands for years and I love it!

*pull down the vintage camera equipment on those shelves
*repaint the walls of the garage
*make a cover for the Christmas tree (with old sheets!) and maybe store it elsewhere
*store the stepstool next to the filing cabinet
*move the glass china cabinet doors to the other side of the cabinet and pad them up well
*store the leaf blower elsewhere
*repair the screen door
*set one of the folding chairs here for me to sit on as I change out my yard shoes, etc.
I have big plans for this filing cabinet nook.  Well, medium sized plans...

I feel like the garage is an extension of my living area inside.  I want to be able to find everything I need out here in a clean and organized space.  And eventually the garage door opener will be replaced and there will be plenty of room for me to park my car.  Can you imagine!? Ha.
There were "mini" projects sitting on top of the dresser, and its high time I make space to get those done and off my list.  They include:
*repotting a plant for Bubbie
*figuring out what to do about this empty fire extinguisher
*refinish the legs on the living room furniture
*refinish my car's headlamps

I've learned to take advantage of these bursts of energy as they contribute to my overall sense of well-being when it comes to my house.   Do you ever do this at your house?  I feel empowered to make this house my own, and getting the garage in a manageable state has been on my agenda for the past two years.


Gina

1 comment:

Kim said...

You are motivating me to tackle a few things that I've been avoiding!