Wednesday, January 3, 2024

My reasonable resolutions 2024

 I look forward to New Year's every year!  It always gives me a sense of completion for the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday season and the feeling of a fresh start.  I try to make resolutions that are manageable - I want to be successful at them, after all.  So without further ado, here's what I choose for 2024, and January in particular:

I really love the color combo of the tree in the hospital lobby this year!

*Lower alcohol consumption to one drink a week, or less.
*Add in walking as much as I can. 
*Adhere to my weekly planner and realistic plans - no need to make multiple lists.
*Accomplish one important thing per week - don't try to overdo.  Aim for a sense of accomplishment. 
*Spend less time on my phone in general {texting, social media, YouTube, Instagram}
*Spend time reading and journaling each day, but also a show now and then.  {Either start watching Netflix every so often or cancel it}
*Begin a "No Spend" January, except on home projects or services that I already have plans to do.

I'm thinking about the idea of making a bucket list for each season, or even month.  Things that I give myself time to accomplish, taking a lot of pressure off myself to get everything done.  While I was writing the post about the calamitous year I had in '23, I also saw all of the things I managed to accomplish for my home and myself.
Maybe another thing to add to the list should be to give myself a little more grace!


Gina

linking to:



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing. You really are doing an amazing job of handling things after getting such a face punch!

Pamela said...

Those are great reasonable resolutions! Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above “anonymous”. Life is fairly steady for me right now and I look at what you do, and I get motivated. I am a bit older but still you are amazing. Keep going girl.�� Linda T

Kim said...

I think your plan for the new year are very reasonable. I agree with you, too, you did accomplish a lot, you've handled two tough blows with such grace and strength. I hope that 2024 brings you nothing but blessings...Happy New Year my friend.

Kym said...

Those resolutions seem quite reasonable and balanced. I like your idea of making a seasonal bucket list. I keep a separate to-do list that is made up of things that I want to do for myself or for fun, to help remind me that my personal things are worth doing too. Have a happy and hopeful January!

Stacy said...

I love your resolutions! I can relate especially with the one about spending less time on the phone.. I hate that I spend so much time on mine and I'm working hard to change that!
I hope you have an amazing January and accomplish your goals this year!!!