Slowly but surely I am getting Darby situated. Next on my list was making bed pads, covered by a long pillowcase made out of sheet fabric, so that we aren't sleeping directly on the upholstery. I started out with this egg crate pad we had on top of the memory foam mattress in Mabel:
When I cut it in half lengthwise, it was a perfect fit in Darby. The sheet/duvet I had made for Mabel was deconstructed, then re-sewn into two long pillowcases that the foam pad slips into.
Voila! Now we can slip it off to wash it easily and it provides just a tad bit more padding on the bed bunks. On my side I rolled it up so Hubby could see what I meant by it being a bolster - I could not for the life of me get him to understand what I was doing...it cost me nothing more than an hour to make both of them, including cutting the foam. My favorite kind of sewing project!
Now I need to get some fabric to re-cover the flannel camp pillows. Can't wait to stretch out in here for my first nap...