Monday, January 15, 2024

Monday menus #53

 We're supposed to get super cold weather here that will strain the grid and ERCOT issued a weather watch. Below was the scene from last Tuesday's foray onto the grocery store at 9 a.m., a full week in advance! I guess I'm glad I went early in the week, because Scout reports it was a zoo this weekend at HEB.
I wish people in Central Texas wouldn't panic every time it gets cold.  People in other parts of the country don't seem to. But yes, I made necessary precautions.

Monday - either leftovers, or thawing out the chili from last week {I work until 8:30 p.m., weather permitting}
Tuesday - Jalapeno Sausage links with South Texas Rice, Caesar Salad {pay the fence guy}
Wednesday - Beef Stroganoff Noodles, steamed carrots, cinnamon cookies {morning hearing appointment with audiologist}
Thursday - Pork Tenderloin, green beans with new potatoes, rolls {Happy 34th Birthday, Firstborn!, virtual meeting for hospital Town Hall}
He doesn't like it when I point the camera at him, but I think he's a handsome guy!

Friday - Cheese Tortellini with pork sausage crumbles, broccoli {tire rotation for my car, boy bathroom touch up paint, tub and toilet gaskets, and doorstops}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed (probably eating leftovers!)


Gina

No comments: