Monday, September 2, 2024

Monday menus #87

When the kids were young and I was walking far more often, I feel like I was in touch with my own neighborhood.  But I realized recently that there are streets nearby that I haven't physically been on in years. You miss a lot when you follow one path in and one path out, sitting in your car.
Like blooming vines on telephone poles, little ole ladies sweeping their porch, or even other people out walking.  My introverted-ness these last three years has been a mixed blessing.  Allowing me to give myself space to heal, yes, but at the cost of some isolation.

Monday - kitchen closed 
Tuesday - Salmon, Little Gem Kale Crunch Salad, half a ciabatta roll {buy groceries}
Wednesday - Stir Fry Beef Teriyaki (no rice!) {mow grass depending on rain situation}
Thursday - Link Sausage and Butternut Squash skillet, salad {go see a movie, change sink water filter}
Friday - BBQ Shrimp, yellow squash, green beans {payday}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed


Gina

3 comments:

Joanne said...

That sounds like a delicious week!

Joni said...

I hear you on isolation. I actually made a cross stitch - framed and in the mudroom - "don't make me go to town". I love my farm. I have been contemplating more volunteering just to stretch my community bone. Your menu for the week is inspiring!

Kim said...

Our neighborhood has changed a lot in the last 30 years, and there are some streets we never walk on anymore since the kids don't walk or play on them.