Monday, September 23, 2024

Monday menus #90

 I was fishing around in my desk drawer and came across a roll of stamps I had taken from Mom's house in order to mail her bills and etc.  A flood of memories came to me all at once.  It was just a year ago that my sisters and I were scrambling to figure out how to manage her affairs, home, and her medical care.
We lost her a year ago on the 28th of September.
******
I don't mail much, if anything, anymore.  My bills are paid on line, and I don't have Mom to write letters to.  So I guess these will just live in my desk for now.

Monday - kitchen closed
Tuesday - BBQ Meatballs, rice, brussels sprouts {trim the skinny tree shrubs near the garage doors}
Wednesday - Fajita Chicken Salad {buy groceries}
Thursday - Baked Sweet Potato with spinach, bacon, and Asiago {counseling appt.}
Friday - Grilled Ham and Asiago on apple bread, HEB kale salad {movie day? didn't go last week}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed

*I notice that I'm back to cooking meals and even though they are simple, that's not the trend I wanted.  So next week, I'm going to try something new.  Maybe "cook once, eat three times", filling in with salads.


Gina

No comments: