Monday, March 25, 2024

Monday menus #63

This vase thingy in my bathroom filled with potpourri or filler may look dated to someone else, but I love it.  I pulled out the Christmas-y elements in it and added in some greenery and this small cube that a friend gave to me when my mother died. Its pretty and will stay this way awhile.
I think its easy to fall into a "rules" trap when you decorate your own home, comparison being the thief of joy.  Not everything has to be magazine worthy.  And why should it?  Your home just needs to appeal to you.

Monday - Crockpot Asian Peanut Butter Pork, rice, broccoli
Tuesday - take-out {to Brenham for the day*}
Wednesday - Chopped Salad with shredded rotisserie chicken, Cheesy Garlic Crescent Rolls
Thursday - Beef Burrito Bowl with avocado cream sauce
Friday - Chopped Hoagies, tortilla chips {replace air filters}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed, and I work all weekend, but I will prep some items for all of us



Gina

*Tuesday has the potential for being a very emotional and stressful day and I'm sure I will have thoughts about it...send me some good vibes!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I think your vase of potpourri looks lovely. I have a few baskets and bins around the house with potpourri in them too that I swap out a few times a year.

Joni said...

Sending you good vibes and positive energy for your day at your Mom's house.
here is a favorite quote:
Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place. – Rumi
I love your vase and how it contains pretty things. Have a Happy Easter!