Monday, March 28, 2022

Empty Nest menu #113

I picked up groceries yesterday, then when I got home I worked on dealing with the weekend leftovers - rotisserie chicken, brisket, beans and, etc.  But I realized I was basically out of containers since most of them are currently in use:
Which is not a bad situation at all.
Loads of freezer meals + tired me = no cooking.
The chicken got shredded and placed into freezer bags, the bones got used to make stock, and I threw all of that into the freezer, too.  As for the rest of the leftovers:

Monday - Jalapeno Sausage and Beans, coleslaw, spicy pickle mix*
Tuesday - Chinese Lettuce Wrap filling over ramen
Wednesday - Wine Wednesday with The Girl
Thursday - Brisket, side of spinach Florentine pasta, probably corn
Friday - Coconut Shrimp, baked sweet potato, side salad
Saturday - Chicken Linguini Alfredo, broccoli
Sunday - Salmon with garlic butter and a grilled veggie on my hibachi, roll

*this is all of the leftover sliced onion, jalapenos, bread and butter pickles, and sliced dill pickles mixed together and stored in a jar in the fridge.


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I have so many containers in my freezer that I ended up buying deli containers from Amazon in order to accommodate all of the leftovers. Like you said, that’s not a bad thing. In fact, I have decided to make taco meat and sloppy joe meat in double batches in the crockpot so that I always have some on hand. I still enjoy cooking, once or twice a week, but other than that, the enthusiasm just isn’t there.