Friday, June 30, 2023

5 thing Friday - cracker pie, Chinese lunch, new sandals, yardwork, easy summer dinner

 My sweet tooth is out of control.  I read somewhere that sugar cravings are your body's way of feeding your sugar addiction.  Sounds about right.
Nevertheless, I made something called Lime Cracker Pie. Might as well be called Lime Crack Pie.  Sweetened condensed milk,  heavy cream, limes, Ritz crackers.  Every bit as delicious as you think it is.
On my quest to find decent Chinese food that isn't so expensive, I located this place on Burnet Rd. and gave them a try.  Not bad.
But what is it with my fortune cookie fortunes lately?  Seriously.  Please don't leave me any more land to deal with, thanks.  Money will do.
I am IN LOVE with my new summer sandals.
This is also the only brand of work shoes I can wear.
My sister told me today, regarding yardwork: "you should really hire somebody for that s*** and don't put yourself out there, it is just too hot Gina".  
But it only took me two hours to mow, edge, rake, and use the leaf blower on the driveway and patio.  Then I went inside and took a cool shower before going to buy groceries.
I am strong, and capable.  And I feel a great sense of pride knowing I have mastered this task, and others.
However, I did phone it in for dinner by using HEB turkey salad, bakery croissants, fresh melon, and some spicy chips for dinner.  And I might even have had a beer and the rest of that Lime Crack.



Gina

3 comments:

Christine said...

That dinner sounds delicious! Just right for a relaxing reward after hard yard works!

Joanne said...

The yard is looking fabulous!!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I’ve had a version of that lime cracker pie before. It is hard to resist! I haven’t had key lime anything in more than a year. I have a key lime tree 6 feet tall that has yet to give me a single lime. I guess I’m just probably going to have to buy some. Happy Fourth of July!