Friday, June 2, 2023

5 thing Friday - dough bowl, purging, jewelry, scrubs, cabinets

 I was on the hunt for a long and low flat-ish bowl to use with some vase filler I already had and place on an empty (and dark) bookcase shelf.  Then I remembered I had this dough bowl languishing in a cabinet.  And I thought, why can't I just paint that?
And it turns out I could.  With wall paint of all things.
This dough bowl from DaySpring was originally dark brown.  I won it in a blog giveaway 11 years ago and have used it mainly on this bookcase, but it pops up all over my house.
I rubbed a little paint into the spaces on the end pieces which are some sort of stamped metal with a religious theme.
It cost me nothing but a few minutes since I had everything already and it was a fun little creative thing. Without the paint refresh, I likely would have purged it.
In my quest to continue death cleaning, I came across these ceramic tiles that my mother insisted I take home a couple years ago.  She bought them in China, but decided she couldn't use them.  Rule #1 about your house: don't purge, clean, and organize your home just to let someone else give you more things to store!  My sister is now the proud owner of them and she is delighted.
I took some things to James Avery for free cleaning and polishing. Whenever I do this, it feels like I'm getting new things and I want to wear all of it!  I don't wear a lot of jewelry to work, but I have always been a fan of jewelry - even as a very young child. That being said, my jewelry box might be the next thing I purge.
I bought four new scrub tops in a size too large, thinking they were at least comfy and would shrink, so I washed and dried them.  But every time I wore one of them, it looked unflattering.  So I posted them on the Buy Nothing group and they were gone from my house in 30 minutes.  This is the danger of buying scrubs on-line.  A frugal fail, but the lady who picked them up was thrilled.
 I am a fan of this product, which I used to refresh my kitchen cabinets.
It was hard to get an "after" and I forgot to take a "before".
I followed the directions to a T and as happens a lot of the time, I wondered what took me so long to finally get it done.  You can barely tell the cabinets had as much water damage as they did.  And this was a thousand times easier than painting them, not to mention less expensive.  Which inspired me to make a plan for more sprucing in my kitchen! 
Happy Weekend!


Gina

No comments: