Friday, June 16, 2023

5 thing Friday - baked potatoes, the deck spiff, Teddy, hard drive, hearts

 Its waaay too hot here to use the oven, but one of the last times I did was to make giant stuffed baked potatoes with whatever toppings I already had.  Sometimes its hard to make menus out because nothing really appeals to me...
These were delightful and included the rest of a roll of pork sausage, purple onion, cheese, butter, with a Chik-Fil-A sauce.  And now the oven is on vacay.
 
I should have taken a before shot of the deck when I was about to clean it.  But the above photo on the left is a wet and newly scrubbed deck, and the photo on the right is it drying.  My plan for Friday is to seal it before it gets blazing hot. 
I will post a follow up "after" photo. 
Its a tiny deck, but I love sitting out here.  I'm giving the patio set a fresh coat of black spray paint, too.  And dreaming about what color to paint my house.  I think black would be nice!
*update*
It feels like it dried really fast, even considering the humidity.  I also hit the patio set with black spray paint and put it all together well before lunchtime! I really like the natural look of this - doubtful I will ever stain it.
Teddy is here for a couple of days.  He spent the first hour or two of me being home on Thursday pacing around and panting, then climbing onto my lap as I was reading.  I would like to have him spend as much time in the yard as possible, but I need to get the deck done, so we'll see.
I found most of the photos I was concerned about losing - they are on a very old and outdated hard drive.  So I purchased myself a smaller one that has more storage space, and I am going to work on "harvesting" photos from Facebook, Google, and the old hard drive.  This will be a good project for 100 degree days which we are just beginning to have.
I have 4 or 5 more hearts to leave in various places then I will sew more of them.  I love it when someone finds one, then posts about it.  All of my fabric scraps have some sort of history, just like the ones in my mother's quilts.  This is a fun project to do that costs me nothing and adds a little happy to the world.
Have a great weekend!


Gina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilted hearts is a wonderful thing. I have never heard of it but will check it out. Thank you for spreading joy anytime, but especially when you are going through a difficult stage of life. Deb

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

That potato looks amazing! That’s really a great idea. So many times absolutely nothing appeals to me and, like you, I am not about to turn on the oven. I need to get myself some good russets and do a little experimenting this summer. Your handmade heart is absolutely charming. What a great idea. I can only imagine how much fun it is to see people post about it.

Kim said...

Oh wow, that potato looks so good. Now I'm super hungry.