Monday, June 26, 2023

Monday menus #25

Right where I stood to take this photo is where our future house was going to be built.  A barndominium with three bedrooms, two baths, a shop big enough to also provide parking.  A deck that wrapped around. Garage door "windows" that we could open completely in cool weather, natural landscaping, a red front door...so many dreams and plans. 
But last week, Highlands officially went on the market.  And although I am trying to hold it together because I know it was a good decision, it almost feels like I lost Mark all over again.

Monday - kitchen closed - take-out to the rescue!
Tuesday - Fruited Chicken Salad on rest of the croissants, citrus and cayenne chips, carrot sticks {working a 12 hour day because I am a glutton for punishment}
Wednesday - Stuffed Bell Peppers, the collards I never cooked {on call tonight and might have to work overnight which makes me all kinds of sad}
Thursday - Skillet Chicken with red potatoes and carrots, a croissant on the side 
Friday - Creamy Pesto Shrimp, zucchini
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed


Gina

2 comments:

Lynda said...

As hard as it is, I feel that you made the right decision in selling. Retirement is pending so time to trim the expenses.

Anonymous said...

I see why you call it Highlands. Such a wonderful view. Praying you have peace with the decision. Debbie