Friday, March 4, 2022

5 thing Friday - medals, overnight oats, cooking, Happy Hour, records

I'm making more time to be creative along with the cleaning and purging.  Creative things give my brain a little play time.
Recently I found Harry Sr's military medals and they were in sad shape.  The silver was tarnished, the fabric they were laying on was crumbling to dust.  I cleaned up the medals (carefully!) and covered the foam pad with burlap.  Then I placed it back into the cedar chest.  Some day I may research the medals and write it all out - there are lots of military mementos in that cedar chest.
The ID bracelet is engraved "Harry and Marie" in beautiful script.
I am late on the overnight oats trend but I am really enjoying the switch from hot oatmeal.  Plus, I have a lot of frozen fruit from our summer smoothie mornings that works well for it.
It always amazes me what you can do with a pound of dry lima beans and a ham bone.  Granted, I added a half packet of onion soup mix.  But the simplicity of this meal!  Bonus: the house smelled amazing.
Contrasted with this one.
The virtual cooking class had us make Chinese Lettuce Wraps.  I wasn't wild about the filling which called for beef (why), baby corn (yuck), carrots (weird), and no green onions.  Plus, it made too much and involved so much chopping and prepping.  Definitely not weeknight meal worthy.  I have two recipes that are better, in my opinion, including this one.
Happy hour with The Girl after the estate hearing.  I was wound up like a top last week and had a hard time relaxing after the hearing.
Records that span the length of the coat closet.
What are vinyl records worth?  Turns out it varies and is subjective.  But I have HUNDREDS of them,  LP's and some 45's, along with cassette tapes, CD's, and all of the equipment to play them.  Not that I ever will.  Just another one of those collections that I have to figure out how to manage...


Gina 

No comments: