Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The memorial plans

Its time.
The kids and I talked just before the holidays and decided that we would wait until after the New Year to plan Mark's* memorial.  We originally settled on February 28th.  But that day came and went and all of us were still dragging our heels.  Well, OK, maybe it was me dragging my heels.
Anyway.
Here is the plan:
Family will assemble at Highlands for the day.
We will enjoy BBQ, music, and one of Mark's favorite wines from one of his favorite wineries.  Hawaiian shirts will be encouraged.  We will look at photo albums, say a few prayers, hug a lot.
Walks and talks and yard games will happen.
Bug spray will be encouraged!
And maybe there will be a few bluebonnets, and definitely a lot of tears.


Gina



*he can be Mark now, because he was so much more than a hubby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds beautiful, Gina! I'm sure it was a special time. My dad passed away during early covid (pre-vaccines) and we had a small outdoor gathering at a pavilion with only about 20 people (my own little family accounted for 5 of those). Sweet stories were told, tears were shed, hugs were shared (being outdoors made the hugs much more covid safe at the time!). We had chocolate chip cookies- his favorite. Afterward we got take out pizza. Not how I ever pictured my father's memorial, but it was a very sweet time to be together as family- especially during the thick of the pandemic. I'm glad you all got to honor and remember your Mark too!

-from a fellow FG reader