Friday, March 18, 2022

Five thing Friday: breakfast, Blondie, water fountain, cactus, plaque

 I ordered Saturday breakfast from a favorite spot in Burnet, then ate it while gazing out of my screen door.
'twas nice.  And barbacoa is one of my very favorite things!
Winery dogs know if you have something delicious.  They don't want your wine, but they would love to share your charcuterie.  Sorry, Blondie.
You're cute, but no cigar.
I doesn't take whiskers to tighten up the kitchen water fountain.  But it does take a couple of tools, your head and half your body under the sink, and about 30 minutes of sticktoitiveness.  How I wish Mark had shown me how to do simple things around the house.  It would have helped me nag a whole lot less and I would know how to fix some things.
A heart shaped prickly pear came home to live at Rustown.  She may be pretty but she will stab you...I had two nurses digging in my finger on Monday, removing one of these spikes.  I do not wish to repeat that experience so this is probably the last time I bring one home.
I ordered a brass plate for Mark's wooden box.  I pep talked myself all the way through so I didn't hurt the wood or God forbid, the ashes.  Its a simple way of identifying it.

Mark Allen Cannary
1/31/1961 - 7/23/2021
Husband and Father
EXPECT THE BEST

Maybe the hardest little project I have done in a while.


Gina

No comments: