Friday, March 11, 2022

Five thing Friday - ramen, china, pictures, outfits, wineries

It hasn't been a terrible week, just not stellar.  Same things causing the same stress.  I'm ready for spring.
******
I know ramen noodles aren't particularly healthy, what with all the salt and carbs.  But if you use only a small portion of the seasoning packet and add in your own fresh veg and chunk of meat, it can be quite the comforting bowl of lunch.
The bonus is you can use up bit of leftovers at the end of the week and make it different each time.
I hadn't looked at this china in so long.
It was living in a cabinet above the fridge.  So pretty!
It has coordinating pink crystal goblets and martini glasses.
When I moved the tea service out of this cabinet, I made it the china and crystal storage.  'Twill go to my peeps some day when they have homes of their own and who knows if they will ever use, let alone display it.  But china and crystal don't thrill me like they did Hubby's mom. 
Slowly I am making my home reflect more of what is important to me.  I am moving a few pictures around, setting things out that having meaning to me, or putting things away if doing so helps me realize that things are so different here.
Do I need family pictures in every room?  Maybe not.
Although I am no clotheshorse, putting outfits together is easier when you have a big closet with room to store and see what you have.  I keep running across stuff I haven't worn in so long, including these cute sandals.  Its nice to dress cute now and again.

The Girl went with me to pick up my wines on Saturday and it was a different experience.  I need to think about what my interests and weekend activities will look like going forward.  Though I love spending time with my daughter, winery visits just aren't the same without Hubby.
It was our thing, you know?


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

It is early for you and you are still trying to find your way as a single woman. It has taken me nearly six years, but I think I have finally arrived. Everything here at house is now all about me, and I must say that I love it! I have learned to say "no" to things that may not be comfortable, and those things that I used to do with my husband just aren't done anymore, or have changed completely.I am proud of you, Gina!