Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Little project: address stickers

The drive up to the top of the hill at Highlands begins here at a sharp left turn off a winding county road.  Years ago, someone placed an old water heater shell here and slapped some numbers on.  Yep, that's our address.  Believe it or not, this photo was taken in September of 2017.
Several hot summers later and the numbers were starting to peel and flake.
Plus, they were hard to see at night as they weren't reflective.
I thought for sure I could find these large numbers somewhere, but no.  And the largest ones I did find were about half the size of the originals.  But they are reflective and easy to see.  So I took the scraper to the old numbers, added the new ones, then trimmed back the cedar tree at the entrance.
Curb appeal?  Maybe not.
But my goal is to make it clear: I'm still checking in on 1201.


Gina

No comments: