Monday, July 17, 2023

Monday menus #28

Mark at Mt. Bonnell on our 35th anniversary

Monday - Chicken Salad with apples and celery on crackers {lots of errands to do today!}
Tuesday - Garlic Green Bean and Shrimp Bowl {going to Highlands for the last time}
Wednesday - Skillet Tilapia, (freezer) Fettucine Alfredo, Honey Carrots {on-call overnight}
Thursday - Chicken and Chickpea Salads (romaine, chicken, chickpeas, mint, yellow bell pepper, red onion, cucumber, and lemon vinaigrette) {closing on sale of Highlands}
Friday - BLT Bolillos with garlicy mayo and avocado, melon slices
Saturday and Sunday* - kitchen closed


Gina


*incidentally, next Sunday makes 2 years since Mark has been gone, almost 7 years since we bought Highlands.  I'm sure it will be an emotional week. I read somewhere 'because grief is love, grief is forever'. But after this week, I'm going to do my best to not make my grief, or Mark, the focus of my posts.

3 comments:

Angel said...

I am not in your shoes in any way, but I don't think you need to not focus on your grief or Mark. I think it's a lovely tribute. Don't feel you have to not be you. But, also, if you feel that not sharing is part of your healing, please ignore my observation!
-Angel

Joni said...

Sending you strength for this week. I just hit 2 years with my dad's passing and my husband's is coming up in a few months. I get it, you've done some very big moves and I am in awe. Every spot on the farm that I improve or fix I smile and hope they are smiling with me. I did make a sitting are under the big apple tree (my dad's favorite place to land after a hard day of logging) and I found really nice chairs and cushions at various garage sales and I made a
planting of geraniums in huge pots and a bird bath as they were both bird watchers. This week I am learning how to rewire the livestock trailer with the help of a cousin. I am cheering you on from the Pacific NW!

Kim said...

Sending you big hugs for the weekend ahead, however you plan to spend it, my friend. ❤️