Friday, July 21, 2023

5 thing Friday - guitar store, closing, car titles, happy hour, supplements

Update from last week: I did sell that guitar and mandolin.
It took over an hour and I spent that entire time standing at this counter, listening to very loud music of all kinds while the (new?) music store employee exhaustively looked up info on line, examining the instruments several times and finally calling over the manager to help him.  Meanwhile, people kept lining up behind me, so there was more than one annoyed person standing there...
Glad that's over.
Scout came with me to Highlands for the last time.  We gathered a few things up then said goodbye to it.  Closing was a couple of days later and went smoothly, which was a blessing as the days leading up to it were filled with me rushing to get this document or that, faxing things, jumping through hoops, crying...what an absolute ordeal.
One of frogs I swallowed this week was getting all four vehicle titles put in my name.  But there was a slight snag with each one - and yes, I had to produce court documents yet again.  I was also told I had to get new plates for the truck as they were radio operator vanity plates with Mark's call sign.  It took an hour standing at a very nice lady's window, filling out forms, signing things, paying $200 for three of the four and I STILL am not done because Bubbie did not yet have the emissions test done on the Baja so I could not pay the overdue registration tags and get it put into my name.
Deep breaths. It will get done. Eventually.
On the bright side: there was little wait for me when I got there, but a considerably full waiting area when I left.  I went promptly home and layed on my couch for an hour.  Its so hot here, you don't feel like doing much else.
Yesterday's happy hour was courtesy of an $11 bottle of Becker Viognier, some assorted crackers I already had, and this nub of Sartori Bellavitano Merlot cheese for $1.53 at the HEB deli counter.  A nice cool and calm glass of wine with cheese and crackers mid afternoon is a beautiful snack.
Seems like the older I get, the more pills I have to swallow.  This little IKEA bowl holds my supplements and vitamins, which I am trying to get better about taking daily.  I'm not 100% sold on the hair vitamins and the Ashwaganda chews, so when those run out, I'm scaling back to calcium chews and fish oil and calling it good.
Have a good weekend!


Gina

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow, what a week, that’s a lot all happening at once. Motor vehicle is always a nightmare and I’m not a fan of Guitar Center either - looks like that’s where you were or a similar store. Glad you were able to relax for a moment with your wine.