Friday, February 4, 2022

5 thing Friday - healthy eating, journaling, cooking for one, wine, tee shirts

In no particular order, as per usual...
This was a great dinner, froze well, and made a delish lunch!  A quinoa/ brown rice/lentil combo with chicken sausage and yellow bell pepper.  Sounds weird, but it was really tasty!  The grains came pre-mixed and cooked - I just added cooked, sliced sausage and peppers and the rest of some lemon vinaigrette.
I've been journaling in the morning in this notebook from I forget where - an Instagram link? - while I sip my coffee.  Each day you write your thoughts, your fears, your happy/grateful things, your goals and plans, and ideas for self care.  Its been nice to focus on Gina a little.
Another good dinner:  Trader Joe's chicken fried rice with sauteed bok choy served with teriyaki glazed salmon.  I bought a package of salmon filet pieces and froze them individually, so I can thaw each for one serving.  Its probably wrong but 20 minutes at 350 usually does the trick.
I haven't been to any new wineries.  Or breweries, for that matter.  I haven't even been to the wineries I love except to pick up my wine club shipment.  I'm very out of the groove.  It just feels empty to me because Hubby and I loved doing that together.  I still love Texas wine and craft beer - I'm just getting it from HEB mostly.
I stopped into Goodwill after dropping off a couple bags of stuff and found three new tees for me.  Mint condition, the right style and color, reasonable price.  Sold.  I'm not a fan of clothes shopping lately either...sigh..I sure hope the old me will hang in there until the new me can get a grip.


Gina

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Nice Goodwill finds! I enjoy going thrifting, but haven't been too often in the past two years, because *gestures broadly at everything*. I'm going to have to go more frequently soon, though; pre-pandemic, I had collected a ton of clothing in bigger sizes for my daughter to grow into, mostly from yard sales, but she's grown her way into everything I had saved up! Not sure when it'll be safe for church yardsales to resume, but I'm looking forward to that day. I haven't bought myself a whole lot of clothes the past few years, either- mostly because I kind of already have everything I need. It's a good feeling. :)