Friday, February 18, 2022

5 thing Friday - puppies, owl house, coffee table, Wordle, swing

I'm not remotely ready to get a dog just yet...
But when they have puppies at a brewery and you love on one as you stand in line, it sure is tempting.  
I finally set the owl house up in the back yard.  Its in a covered area, so they should have a little more protection.  This is the last crafty project Hubby did at Highlands - made two owl houses.  One went to my sister Maggie.  I hope we both get owls!  Since the ice storm last year I haven't heard them in the neighborhood.  I hope this spot is OK.
I have an idea to re-do the coffee table in the den and here is my inspiration!  I think I can use L brackets to put a shelf on the bottom for baskets.  I can also install those slats on the side.  I want to paint it this creamy white.  I have no idea when I will start this project, but I do want to change up the den.  And they are asking over $250 for this table that isn't even solid wood...mine is! 
Do you Wordle?  I love word games so much!  There are several of us that do this one every day. (but we do the NY Times one)  We also do the Jumble.  Gets the old brain going.
The idea to move this swing back to Camp Rustown was half-baked.  I realized it would be a pain in the rear for one.  Also, why can't it just stay up at Highlands for now?  Anywhere it is parked it makes for a peaceful place to sit and contemplate nature.  And it reminds me of Hubby - we sat in it for hours and talked while we sipped wine.  
It stays.


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I LOVE the coffee table! Go for it! I am a nut for baskets, and this would look great.