Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Little project: stitching

One of my friends has a daughter that is getting married soon.  I wanted to include something heartfelt and handmade with their wedding gift.  I'm not 100% sure I should include this project in my "little things" list - for some reason, I kept making silly mistakes and having to pull out thread and start over.  It sat on my kitchen table for at least two weeks, if not longer.  In any case, its done! 
The smaller project in the top of this image is the inspiration.  I figured I could space out the birds a little to form a frame for the script.
So I sketched it all out using my giant graph paper and scotch tape routine.
The birds were my favorite part.  Notice I zig-zagged stitched all around the edges to keep it from fraying as I handled the fabric.
Once I had the names centered, I stitched in the wedding date. (not shown) Then I decided that wasn't the look I was going for.  So borrowing from their wedding website and their last name I did something a little more artsy - including figuring out how to do script on cross stitch fabric.  
There wasn't really room for my artist initials so I pulled them out!
Looks like it needs more hearts...I pulled it out of the frame I had painstakingly placed it in and added two more!  And now it's DONE.  For real.
I've had this solid oak frame forever and it was the perfect fit.  Onto the next little project.


Gina

2 comments:

Kim said...

That's beautiful. Needlework intimidates me, I never graduated from printed patterned cross stitch. Those X's were all I could handle! Haha!

Lynda in Iowa said...

You do such beautiful handwork! I found ur blog abt 3 months ago & am enjoying it.