Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Little project: kitchen shade

The Girl gave me a $50 Home Depot gift card that she'd had awhile.  It was exactly enough to order a shade for the back door.  So I ordered it, then left it sitting in a box for two weeks because my Get up and Go got up and went.  On the ice storm day, it seemed like a good idea to get it done. 
I don't have a before pic of the cellular shade I took down, but it was filthy.  First step was to take that down and examine the holes in the door.
Turns out there were extra holes...I vaguely remember this shade getting replaced once before. So, so dirty up here!
I scraped the taped-on note off and the security system sticker, used my Magic Eraser sponge to clean up the door, then cleaned the windows.  I'm not hanging a new blind on a dirty door!
It doesn't take whiskers, but it does take a few minutes of reading through the instructions and getting the right tools.  I had to drill yet another hole in the door for this particular hardware, but this sucker is heavy and I want it to stay put.
But isn't it pretty?  It coordinates well with the ones hanging in the den and is also cordless.
I was done in about 30 minutes and stood back to admire it.
I love it.
Yet another little project crossed off the list.


Gina

No comments: