Friday, February 11, 2022

5 thing Friday - Ice, bedroom window, blue skies, stitching, pendant

When we had the ice storm last Thursday, I called out and hunkered down.  Not only do I not feel confident driving to work on I35 in an ice storm but I don't particularly trust the other people on the roads either.  One look at the morning news, with all of the road closures and wrecks and I had made my choice.
Stay home and stay warm.
The street behind my car is a sheet of ice.  No thank you.
I did some sewing, some cleaning, some desk work, and some soup-making in my little crock pot.  I ate whatever I happened to have on hand and I didn't bother leaving my house until Saturday. 
(to buy food and rush back home - more on that later...)
On Friday I was a cleaning demon!  I pulled the curtains down in my room, moved the furniture, fixed my blinds so that they would stop popping off the bracket, vacuumed the heck out of carpet, cellular shades, and furniture.  Then for good measure I wiped down the shades with warm soapy water.  (I cannot believe how groddy they were) The windows got windexed, too.
Let there be light!
It was nice to give my bedroom a little extra love.  And it smelled so nice in here!
Saturday and Sunday were both beautiful days.  I love Central Texas mild winters.  Ice and snow, not so much.  In fact this weekend, I think I will visit Highlands and sit in the sun for a while.
Stitching again.  I have claimed the kitchen table as my spot for stitching since the light in here is perfect for it.  I have a lot of little projects I want to work on.  Creative stuff, mostly.
I did go get this compass pendant engraved with the coordinates for Highlands.  I wear it most weekends, along with a few other small charms.  Still haven't decided what will become of Highlands,  Still a tomorrow problem, I guess.
Happy Weekend,


Gina

No comments: