Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Little project: a skinny dresser scarf for a closet shelf

 I love my closet.  It's nothing fancy, but it looks and smells clean, has lot of hanging and storage space, and is a pretty place to get dressed in the mornings.  This closet was one of the first things I oohed and awed over at this house - I envisioned Mark and I sharing the space for use as an actual closet.  At our first house we had small separate closets just inside the bathroom.  However, my plan got derailed since he wanted an office and "ham shack" and the only space available for that was, you guessed it, our master walk-in closet.
I have blogged about this closet before...
Fast forward to now - except for the hole in the ceiling and the wires hanging down (I have no idea what I will do about that) it is back to being a closet.  And also, now I have this open shelf in here that I thought I would make a sort of dresser scarf for - it just looked very sparse.
I took a pre-made linen type runner from my stash, pinned it to the length and width I wanted, added some crochet lace atop it, and stitched it all down.
And I like the look in here.  Very vintage-y.
This lace was made by none other than my mother who gifted it to me several years ago.  I am happy to have found a place to put it where I will see and appreciate it often.  Courtesy of a sweet little sewing project.


Gina

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

There's really something so lovely about staying home when the weather gets gross like that. Even when I've homeschooled, there's something almost magical about snowy, icy, yucky days where we just don't need to go out. And those kinds of days always call for soups and stews and crockpot dinners! :)