Wednesday, September 22, 2021

An actual closet

 I've been as busy in this closet as I have in the garage.  And although I'm done in here for now, there are a few things I would still like to do in here.  Nothing fancy.  Just having it clean and neat is a big deal to me.  For years it was absolutely stuffed - we had no where for Hubby to have a desk or "ham shack" for his amateur radios, so our closet did double duty. {you can still see cords hanging down from the attic, I have no idea how I'm going to address that just yet}
I removed some stacking steel shelves in here and stored or donated a bunch of stuff that was still on them.  I pulled all of my huge storage boxes of Christmas down so I wouldn't have to climb on a chair to reach them this year.  {might make a curtain to hide them, I dunno}
We had several of these stacking crates from The Container Store - I think the boys used them for magazines and such - might as well use what I've got for now.  They are home to flip flops and tennies.
Years ago I bought this chair at Goodwill and spruced it up to make a space for Hubby to put on his shoes in the mornings - it was my attempt to pretty up the closet after I convinced him to take the desk out!
Above the hanging clothes there is now mostly empty space.  I bought a few more white hangers because the multi-colored ones weren't doing it for me, but I realized that now I have space to add some new things to wear - previously we both just had too many clothes for this closet and Hubby never wanted to get rid of the things he thought he might be able to wear again someday.
I re-configured a couple of closet rods to better match what I was storing, and patched and painted a million small holes left by cup hooks for Hubby's hat collection above the door.
There's a mostly empty shelf space that I may pretty up to be a sort of dresser table with a small mirror and something pretty for the wall.  Meanwhile, I found two OLD collage frames of family photos that I went ahead and hung on the wall over my clothes.  The walls look pretty bare in here and that's not a bad thing, but those photos make me smile.
This clock does not work, but maybe I will take it in for repair...
I was trying to get away from storing anything in here but clothes, but for now its the best place for the Christmas stuff and a box of Hubby's various scout, etc. tee shirts which will be fashioned into a quilt.  Its not the prettiest closet ever, but it does smell nice and I know where everything is.
On to the next project.


Gina

No comments: