Friday, September 10, 2021

5 thing Friday - lunch, mower, breakfast, closet, The Girl

 Lunch al fresco is still better than sitting in a cramped and sad breakroom with awkward co-workers.  Even in September in Central Texas.
The key is to pack something cool to eat, like a salad with chickpeas and tuna in lemon and dill olive oil.  Deelish.
Behold: the riding lawnmower at Highlands.
Hubby mowed Highlands the weekend before he passed.  So the grass is getting tall again, and I can't put off learning how to do things forever.  Enter The Girl and her love of learning all things via YouTube.  It doesn't take whiskers to mow.  Wish us luck!
A gorgeous old tree near Bubbie's apartment in San Marcos.  It was just across the street from a cute little coffee shop in an old house that served breakfast.
It was nice to catch up with him and see that he is doing OK.  I worry about all of my kids and remind them regularly to keep up with each other and with me.
I will eventually finish working on my closet.  Its come a long way from being a closet/office/bookshelf storage space for two people.  Oh, how I hated that we had a desk and filing cabinet in here!  Not to mention all of Hubby's ham radios.  I DESPISED THAT.  There are still wires coming out of a hole in the ceiling!!  Recently, I tossed all of the multi-colored hangers from years of kid-raising and switched out to white ones, which I had plenty of.  My closet will not be Pinterest-worthy, but it is large, smells nice, and has mostly clothes in it. I will post an update when I finish.
It has been a blessing to have The Girl and Teddy here for the last 7 weeks.
The three of us have kept each other sane! (ish)  She will have a big birthday on Sunday and I know it will be rough for her.  But I will make her a cake, take her out to eat, and shower her with gifties.  I can't make it all better, but I can celebrate her on her day and we will get through this.


Gina

No comments: