Friday, September 24, 2021

5 thing Friday - burger, breakfast, pampering, crafts, Teddy

Last Saturday, The Girl and I went to a wine club pick-up in Burnet.  
We had a prime spot on a picnic table under a big oak.
And enjoyed some burgers!  And lately, burgers are quite the treat for me, since we aren't eating fast food Monday through Friday.  So they seem exotic and special and DELISH.
The next day, I went to check on Highlands and stopped by a favorite local place for breakfast.  Was I eating breakfast alone in a restaurant full of families and couples?  Yes.  But the service is always friendly and the food is amazing, and I thought happy thoughts about Hubby the whole time.  It was actually the plan to eat breakfast here the morning of July 24th.  
But I can't dwell on that or I start to sink...
At Highlands, I putseyed around getting some things done here and there.  Then I parked myself in a lawn chair and read a book while I did a spa treatment on my feet.  It was a very needed relaxing day.
Its not home, but it feels like it, you know?  Like I have an extra back yard in this special place that is private and where I can breathe freely.  Ahhh...
The Girl has been heavy into needlework and sewing and crafts.  {that's amazing to me in its own right!} She made this sweet owl needle punch, so I hung it by the shelves over where Hubby's desk used to be.  I added a piece of burlap to it.  So sweet.
We had a scare this week when Teddy decided to wake up and puke a few times...
He has been high anxiety so maybe he is reading the room (house).  He was already struggling with the move from Houston, and now 2 new homes in 2 months.  So for now, no Google lady playing music, special food to calm his stomach, maybe some happy meds, and extra pets and love.
Better days are coming for Ted, too.


Gina

No comments: