Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Eating

It took days after Hubby passed for me to feel like eating much of anything.  People brought things for us to snack on, like Tiff's Treat, fruit trays, burgers, and massive amounts of BBQ.  We appreciated it all, but it was really hard to find anything appetizing.  Eventually, The Girl and I found our way back to meals.  Some of them have been pretty tasty.
We split a catfish plate from Short Stop and added a salad.
Fried eggs and potatoes was a nice hot breakfast.
I had salad with avocado at Highlands instead of the fast food I was craving.
I've tried to catch up on whole oats and fresh fruit, but most days a smoothie will do. Funny, since I wasn't a smoothie fan before.
Dinner salads have become a thing.
But also flatbread pizzas.
And we've been cooking our way through this cookbook.
******
I know that eating healthily is key to feeling good and I'm doing my best to make that happen.  It would be really easy to just grab a burger on the way home from work most days.  But on days I don't want to cook, I will do my best to put nutrition first.


Gina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina, the meals all look wonderful. Kudos to the great photography in this post!!!! Made me want to reach in and grab a bite! You are right that eating well is a key to being well. It is so many times much easier said than done. It sounds like you are making great headway one day at a time. I know I don't "know you", but I think of you often and wish you well. chris

Kristen said...

That dinner salad looks AMAZING!!

Kim said...

Eating well is hard when you just want to grab something easy and comforting. Thinking of you...