Wednesday, September 8, 2021

What to do with your kids' art? Frame it!

I see a lot of blog posts about "what to do with your kids' art".  See those colorful squares on the wall, next to the window in Bubbie's room?    They are pieces of art he drew just for fun, not as part of a class in school, and they've been taped on the wall for about three years now.  They were so detailed and creative that I had left them up.
Last week I decided I was going to frame them - it was a cheap and easy creative thing to do.  Much more fun than cleaning out file cabinets and closets!
I bought two inexpensive 16x20 frames at Wal-Mart, a craft glue stick, and some white posterboard.  I carefully carefully peeled each piece of art from the wall.  Then I spread everything out on the dining table.  I used the paper that came in the frame as a guide for cutting the posterboard to the right size.
Basically, I just laid them out on the posterboard according to what looked good together.  There were a few leftovers and I haven't decided what to do with those just yet - maybe they will live on my office bulletin board.
I used a ruler to make sure the border of white posterboard was the same on each collection.  Then I carefully glued each one down so it wouldn't shift around - I think it worked better than double-sided tape would have.
It took an hour, all told, then I hung them up in his room.  I almost hope he doesn't want to take these with him someday - I really love the art my kids created in school and have it all over the house in some form or fashion.


Gina

1 comment:

Dawn P. said...

What a great idea and looks awesome!!