Friday, September 17, 2021

5 thing Friday - files, new shredder, disasters, trees, me

I have been a busy bee in the garage.  I purged from our shared files and I completely emptied Hubby's.  The man never shredded anything, but made copies and printed and saved everything.  There are things in there that can't simply be recycled - from scouting, insurance, emergency radio service, licenses, all sorts of documents relating to all sorts of things for YEARS.
It is overwhelming to go through it all. 
I ordered a new shredder when it became apparent that my little tooty one wasn't up to the job.  Bigger, handles more pages at a time, bigger bin.  I love it. 
I've been spending an hour or so daily, running the shredder as I listen to music and have a glass of wine.  The garage is clean and organized (thank goodness for Big Trash day!) so its not terrible.  Slowly I am getting a handle on things.  But I have many more boxes of files to go through.
Tuesday morning felt like a Monday with a nail in a tire.  Thank goodness Hubby had me buy the road hazard insurance for my new tires.  In fact, every day this week there has been some minor disaster of some sort.  A window frame breaks.  The glass shower wall starts leaking.  The lock on my locker at work fails.  
Just keep swimming.
We may not have a beautiful lawn (yet - I will work on it) but the trees are insane and in need of attention.  So yesterday I had a service come out and give me a quote to trim this one and the several in the back yard.  I want to love my house and take care of it, including the trees.
I see myself in the mirror and I feel like I have aged terribly the last few weeks.  I am doing all of the things I know I should: eating right, taking my vitamins, getting enough sleep.  I don't smoke, I don't drink too much, and I try to live life as un-risky as I possibly can.  But life does take its toll.
Better days are coming, right?


Gina

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I think you are doing amazingly well under the circumstances. Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Maybe a walk around the block (fresh air, vitamin D)? Brighter days ahead, I know it.

Anonymous said...

You're astonishingly productive. Just keep swimming is right. (And I think you look lovely in your picture!) - Suz

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I think you look fabulous! Better days are coming, and you’re doing just fine. I had a similar amount of shredding, because my husband never got rid of anything. I never once thought about accompanying my shredding efforts with a glass of wine. That is genius!