Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer thrifting with the boys

One of my favorite things to do is take the boys thrifting and "bopping around" as Scout calls it.  We visit St. Vincent de Paul, Thrift town, Thrift Land, Goodwill, and sometimes the shops on Burnet Rd. though Bubbie likes to say they have a lot of  "old lady stuff". 
   This week we scored these items:
4 VHS movies, a scary novel, a nice sized canning jar, a coffee mug, a terra cotta pot, and an ecru lace-edged table cloth.  Total spent: $6.47. 
 Not a huge haul for two hours of shopping, but it was fun, and we discovered another cute little restaurant to eat lunch at - Tacquerias Arandas.   Al Carbon tostadas, and beef quesadillas......so delish.  No soda, boys.  I'm weaning you off Dr. Pepper.
They've gotten used to me taking photos everywhere we go...they can get used to iced water, too!


Gina

12 comments:

Hallie said...

I am a big thrift store junky too...I like to shop the cheap cloths for fabric! lol that table cloth looks like a great treassure!

Debbiedoos said...

Thanks Gina for joining in on the party! Cute that the boys go with you, and actually let you take pictures. Could you please be ever so kind to add my link so that people know you are joining in on the party!!~ Thanks for participating I sure appreciate it.

René said...

That's right...teach those boys to thrift :) It really is a learning experience though because you see so many things that just aren't around anymore.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I have really become addicted to Thrift Stores!! You found some great things and I think it is great that you are teaching your boys to reuse!!

Debbie

Marie said...

Thrift stores are my favorite! I find so many fabulous things :)
My favorite place to look for books...a weakness.

Michelle said...

Great job on your thrift store finds!! I'm going to start carrying my camera with me!!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great finds. I love the vintage tablecloth. It's great that your boys enjoy thrifting. It can be yet another way to spend quality time with them!
Annette

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Nice items you found! The boys are cute! You have a busy job keeping all of them where they need to go in clean clothes alone!!!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

You found some nifty things, Gina. I love the tablecloth. Table linens are one of my weaknesses.

Kimberly Walker said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I am now following yours and look forward to reading more!
All the best,
Kim

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You sure got a lot of loot for little dough.

a.M. said...

Hey, I'm in Austin too! I'll be sure to say "Hi" if I bump into you sometime. :)