Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mandarin Orange cake

The boys are leaving for camping in Arkansas this weekend, and I want to do some good cookin' this week to make them miss home even more (: just kidding.  But I really am going to make good stuff!  Including this easy fridge cake.  Start with 1 box yellow cake mix and blend in 1 small can mandarin oranges, juice and all, 1/4 c. oil, 3 eggs.

Pour into 13x9 dish and bake about 35 minutes.
  Let it cool.
Then blend 1 box instant vanilla pudding with 1 large can crushed pineapple (juice and all).  Fold in 1 small carton of Cool Whip.  Frost the cooled cake with this and store it in the fridge.
Soooo good for dessert on warm summer evenings...and you could swim in that frosting....


2 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I've seen recipes for this in church cookbooks, but I've never had one. Looks yummy!

Thank you for joining me for Sweet Thursday!

Joy said...

Gina, I've never made this, but I love mandarin oranges, so I've got to try it! Sounds perfect for Spring! :)

Joy @ Yesterfood.blogspot.com