Friday, May 1, 2020

5 thing Friday - eating, Spring misadventures, baking, beer, nails

I have really started to hate going grocery shopping...and so that has changed the way I see meals, breakfast in particular.  Its just something to eat, after all.  Shouldn't matter what it is exactly.
This particular day, I ate a bowl of oatmeal, followed by the leftover salad from dinner the night before, with kimchi added.  No wasted food!
Spring is almost over and it feels super weird to me.  Pretty soon, all of the bluebonnets will be gone and we can mow Highlands and get back to some normalcy.
Speaking of normal, I haven't exactly jumped on the runaway train that is baking right now, but I did make banana bread one day this week and it was delightful.  Then, coincidentally, Scout texted me asking for bread recipes and telling me he was going to make banana bread.  Great minds think alike and all.
Does beer go out of date?  Apparently Wally World thinks so and put one of my favorites on clearance for $6.  That's cheaper than a pint, and the only way you can get Celis right now is in a can anyhow.  I miss breweries but we have been drinking us some beer.
 I heard a strange noise as I was slowly heading out of our neighborhood, then noticed this huge crack that seemingly came out of nowhere.  I feel like Roseanne Roseannadanna - it's always something.  Add that to: the Baja repair, the dryer repair, the faucet repair, the pumpsaver repair...I'm a little over how April went, so thank goodness its May.
In other news. I don't even know what is happening to my nails.  They are growing and look completely normal.  I guess this is how it will be for me - normal nails, breaking all to hell and peeling nails, then back to normal nails, all over the course of a year.  Part of the new normal.  I guess.


Gina

No comments: