Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Weekend re-cap: BBQ, wine, barn cleaning, haircut

Last weekend, Hubby and I made a pact not to spend the entire weekend doing chores - in fact, we even said "NO chores" , but that didn't exactly pan out.
However, it wasn't all work.  We traveled to Marble Falls and filled up our growler at Save the World,  ran by Lowe's for I-forget-what, then stopped at a favorite BBQ place in Burnet and picked up some sammies to go.  This place is right on the highway and this "crisis" hasn't seemed to slow their business down a bit.  He makes the world's best brisket sandwich!
 To 7 Creeks we traveled next, eating our sammies on their breezy porch, then enjoying a bottle under their oak grove in our favorite chairs.  It was windy and cool and really relaxing.
The vines love the Texas Hill Country!
Like Many other folks, I am happy that things are starting to go back to some sort of normal.  I ordered some face masks from my favorite wine blog so that we can be stylish on the weekends!  I'm ready to get back out there and explore.
Back at Highlands we had a short list of putseys to do - I cleaned up the cushions for these chairs and gave them a touch-up of black spray paint.  I ordered some citronella votive candles last summer that smell really nice and seem to last a long time.  The cute jar they are in is from Dollar Tree.
 A recent storm had blown the cabana lounger several feet away and we had to put that back, but everything else was unscathed.  Hubby hooked up some lighting that he strung in the trees out front and I put new chalkboard labels on the dry storage lockers.  We mostly relaxed the rest of the afternoon.  I made a skillet sauce with fresh tomatoes to eat with fresh ravioli pasta by the campfire. 
The next morning Hubby did a bit more mowing.  Then we cleared out under the barn overhang in prep for power washing.  It had never been done, I guess.  So full of dirt, spider webs, bird nests...ugh.  
 I didn't take a whole of befores and it was so wet afterwards (and we were so tired) that I didn't take "afters"  Maybe this weekend I will give everyone "the tour" of the barn!  Mabel has such a perfect nook to hide from under the brutal Texas summer sun.  She got a shower, too.
After showering off the grime from that happy little chore, we enjoyed a BBQ charcuterie - sliced beef sausage, leftover BBQ sauce, buttery crackers, muenster,  proscuitto mozzarella chunks, and a random sliced banana.   
We also enjoyed a mimosa!  We used ruby red grapefruit in ours, and while delightful, mimosas aren't really my favorite thing.  We hooked up the trailer in prep for helping Firstborn and LA move into a new apartment today, then headed back so I could cut his hair.  I guess when he's a bit further away, he won't be driving all the way to me for haircuts?  I don't know, but I don't mind doing it - I save him some money and get to chat with him.  We ate some freezer lentil soup and called it a night early.  
Busy weekends mean not too much time to feel bored but they do wear us out!


Gina

1 comment:

Beyda'nın Kitaplığı said...

Greyfurt suyu çok güzel görünüyor.