Friday, May 22, 2020

5 thing Friday - rain, figs, hair, reading, baking

Its supposedly going to rain all weekend.  Through Tuesday.  Delightful, as I haven't turned on the sprinkler system yet for what lives of our lawns.
I'm sure the fig will appreciate it.  My mother's fig trees produce a lot more figs than mine - probably because Brenham gets more rain.  She says she grabs the figs off the tree as soon as they are big enough - she checks it daily - to keep the birds and squirrels from eating all of them.  I don't really have time to police my figs.
If I worked from home, I would also fold Rustown projects in amongst my work.  Like re-potting all of my plant babies, doing a bit of yardwork, and checking my fig tree for figs.  Why does the rain only threaten on the weekends when I am off?!  
 I took two silly selfies to show my daughter that my hair is too long.  I'm biding my time until the lines to get a haircut aren't so long.  I hate going on the weekends, too.  Another thing to try to get done before 11 a.m. during the week.  It gets very "lank" when its long, and I just have to pull it back, which further breaks areas of it.  Older hair problems.
 New novel to read, composed of short stories.  All of the stories are woven around trees and are very thought-provoking.  The three I have read so far are centered on family dynamics, which I find fascinating.  I am slowly making my way through the Birth Order Book, and I still need to finish The Husband's Secret.
Baking this week included a Quiche Lorraine and some delicious banana brickle muffins.  Half of that quiche went into the freezer so we could enjoy it as a future lunch.  I used my freezer pie crust and it came out PERFECT.  The muffins will slowly disappear.
 I have been cooking every day and I have reached my limit of it this week.  I am electing to pick-up takeout on my way home tonight.  Then on Sunday, I have changed up the menu because we are inviting our peeps to have dinner with us.  Sliced Glazed Ham {from Easter}, Loaded Mashed Potatoes, and buttery seasoned peas with a Pineapple Dream dessert.  Spring, re-set.  All of us are healthy and all of us need some family time.  And bonus:  I get Monday off!
Happy Weekend!



Gina

1 comment:

Keri said...

Waiting for the salon? I am glad I don’t have to worry about that. I have been having my husband cut my hair for me since we first started dating. I take a seat on the stool every couple months, get caped, my hair combed out, sectioned, pinned up and trimmed layer by layer. No ponytail hacks. He always does an excellent job and he also gives my teen boys their haircuts every three weeks, they like his work, and it saves me over a grand a year. A couple friends of mine had messaged me and asked about getting a haircut, and last weekend they stopped by, we hung out on the deck and hubby obliged getting each a trim on their long hair. Neither of them trusts getting their hair cut in a salon, so they have been having my hubby give them trims every few months. It was nice having company.