Friday, July 27, 2012

Lazy Daisy Meatballs

Right after Hubby and I married, I petitioned my new in-laws for family recipes that would be easy enough for a beginner homebody and my shiny new SIL gave me this treasure.  I have made it for years and it's been well received by my peeps.  
Easy and tasty and pretty frugal to boot!
Here's whatcha need:

Lazy Daisy Meatballs

1 lb. ground beef (I use a little more to stretch this for 6)
1 t. salt
1/8 t. each ground pepper, celery salt, garlic powder
1/2 c. dry bread crumbs*
1/2 c. water
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 soup can water

Mix meat, seasonings, crumbs, 1/2 c. water and onions.  Form into small meatballs.  Roll them in flour and brown them in hot oil.   Drain them and return to covered skillet.  Mix soup with  1/4 can of water and pour over meatballs.  Cover and simmer on low 30 minutes while you fix rice and a salad or veggie.
 
 Serve the meatballs over rice.
******
*Breadcrumbs are easy to do - this container has been refilled many times with my own.  I  I save the ends of the loaf of bread, toast til very dry, then crush them in a big bowl, or sometimes even use the blender.  You can pre-season them, or leave them plain.






Shared with:


No comments: