Friday, April 24, 2020

The new normal

The new normal does not feel normal to me.  I am trying hard not to fall into despair, but it is so. very. hard.  I think its that way for a lot of people, not just me.  And I plan on staying strong for my family's sake - as much mentally as physically.  But honestly, this year feels like a tire fire on Garbage Island.  And when will it end?  Who knows.  We may get a two month reprieve before the zombie apocalypse begins all over again.  And I MISS my peeps so much.
Our new schedule:  I get up and make coffee.  Hubby sits in the front room and has the Google Lady tell him all the bad news to start his day while I check my email.  I do chores, meal prep, fix lunches for us both.  Then he sits at his desk and starts work while I get ready to go to mine.  Eight hours later  (if I am not sent home early or have my shift cancelled), I come home, remove my shoes at the door, bleach wipe my keys and the doorknobs, shower, heat up my dinner, and try to decompress.  On the way home I likely called my mother or my daughter.  There is virtually no traffic either way.  I am in bed by 10 p.m.  Weekends we pick up beer, head to Highlands, putsey around and do small projects, make up a firepit, eat some take-out and drink said beer, sleep in on Sunday.  Putsey more, eat more, drink wine, drive home, make dinner, go to bed and get ready for Monday.  It could be worse I guess.
  *knocks on wood*  
But I am so over this new normal.


Gina

No comments: