Friday, April 10, 2020

5 thing Friday - painting, cooking, lifting, snacking, work

Life goes on.
I finally did get all of the paint touch-ups done and both of the green accent walls repainted last weekend.  I still need a piece of art for this green wall and I need to figure out what to do with these candlesticks.  I scrounged around and found two white pillars that do not match and after that I let it drop.  Other fish to fry.
 Once a week or so I make a breakfast that involves a fried egg on top and it is delightful.  But I am still doing well on eating oatmeal and trying to make healthy choices with food overall.  I think that sticking to our healthy routines at home are key to how well we cope with adversity outside of home.
 Dinners have still had lots of fresh veggies, and in the case of my stir fry, lean ground turkey.  I have tried to cook things that appeal to all three of us and still be somewhat healthful.  Plus easy.  And cheap.
Wednesday are for wine!  But a side of kale and some chickpea salad still count as "on track".  As of this writing, Bubbie is back to San Marcos, and my grocery bill should go back to normal, although I think Hubby and I will still eat take-out once or twice a week to give me a break from cooking, mainly.
 I found a sweet printable at Do It on a Dime and added it to one of my now-empty frames in the guest bathroom.  Its was a crappy "Spring Break" for Bubbie, stuck at home with his parents, socially distancing himself.  I imagine its hard on all of the 20 somethings, but a good lesson for them in many ways.
The motherlode of the greatest pretzel ever.  And about 3 bucks cheaper than you can get them at Ace Hardware!  I bought a bag for my kid to take back to his apartment and I think I may have to go back and get some for us!  Or maybe take a bag to my co-workers.
We didn't sign up to be "heroes" - we're like anyone else who goes to work daily to earn a living for our families.  We're all trying to be safe and do things the right way - we wanted to work in healthcare because it felt right.  And we are staying because we still think it does, even when it doesn't.  Does that make sense?


Gina

No comments: