Friday, September 13, 2019

5 thing Friday - another fiddle leaf, pretzels, rain needed, Bubbie cooking, Teddy

I found a smallish fiddle leaf fig at Target for $20, originally $30 and thought, OK, I guess I'm 100% on this fiddle leaf fig train. I'm getting it.  Not to mention its from Chip and Joanna, and I love trolling the clearance items in that section of Target.
 When I got to the register it rang up for $14.99!  I added the moss.  I lurve it.
The best road trip snack ever!  Found them at Ace hardware in Lampasas after a co-worker turned me on to them.  At $8 a bag, we are eating them in small servings and they live in the fridge at Highlands.  They're not exactly a health food, but go great with beer...
We were bemoaning the yellowed grass at Highlands and the lack of rain last Saturday, but then it came down in buckets on Sunday!  What we need is several sustained days of it there.  Makes me nervous from a fire standpoint.
Bubbie has been cooking for himself and actually took photos of a couple of my recipe cards so he could make the dishes up at college.  His first meal cooked for himself?  Dr. Martin's Mix, a family favorite.
 He even made himself some containers for lunches.  And sent me pics. 
I sure miss that kid.
Teddy made it into my first ever published article for Texas Wine Lover website.  Here he is relaxing on the oriental rugs scattered across the winery floors, looking ever so photogenic.  Go here to read the article!  My writing is truly a work in progress...
Happy Friday the 13th!


No comments: