Friday, September 6, 2019

5 thing Friday - a jetsetter, clean room, traffic, patio set, disco lights

My jet set girl was home for a bit, flew to LA for a couple of days, came home for a few hours, drove to Fredericksburg for a few days, then back home for more visiting, collecting Teddy and heading back to Houston.
It was nice to see her and we took she and Ted to a couple of breweries and a winery, which you can read about here.  That growler she's enjoying iced water from is really nice - I think we need two of them, please!
When the dust settled from moving Bubbie, I did some touch up paint in his room, cleaned the carpets, put clean linens on his bed, added a lamp and a plug-in air freshener and CLOSED THE DOOR.  I will go in there every now and then to water the plants, though.
My only goal was to dust and clean so he has a nice space for when (and if) he visits!
 Traffic in Austin...
 I took a couple of pics with my phone as we were headed to the B52's concert.
 I guess folks who work downtown are used to it?
Hubby and I came upon this patio set, thinking it would be great for Firstborn but he declined.  So we snapped it up for Highlands.  A couple of coats of black spray paint and it will live on the barn's patio.  It was marked down from $130, so I think we got a deal!
Silly nightime picture of something I like to call Disco Fireplace - ha!  The same kind of fun light bulbs they have at one of our favorite wineries - looks a little like lights rippling through water and is very relaxing...
Its the little things, ya know.




No comments: