Friday, September 20, 2019

Here, and there, and here again

Today is a late posting, but that can't be helped...not sure if anyone reads this blog...but it helps me to blog my life so that I can keep track of it!  And decompress, maybe...

 Go directly to the back of this meat market for BBQ!

I picked Mother up bright an early from my sister's house in Georgetown and we drove straight to the eye doc in central Austin.  Traffic was the usual on a Friday, but we made good time since I took the toll road.  {Note to self: buy a toll tag already.}   The doc told my mother her eye looked good, post surgery, and we made a follow up appointment for the 30th.

 There is one choice for chips, people

We were all set to head back to Brenham when she realized she didn't have her glasses.  We called sister, who looked around and couldn't find them at her house either.  So we headed over to the surgery center just a few miles away.  After 20 minutes or so there, no luck.

 
 Pressed tin ceilings and giant windows

 About halfway to Giddings, where we decided to stop and eat BBQ,  sister found the glasses.  Praise.  They were in her purse, safe and sound, and she would get them mailed right off to Mother.

 You would think we were starving - a common theme for me lately

Crisis averted, we scarfed down some smoked pork shoulder sammies, potato salad, spicy pinto beans, and cokes.  Best lunch ever.

 Lyle Lovett memorabilia - bet he loved the pork shoulder, too

This BBQ restaurant and meat market was one of our favorite places to meet up in Giddings when my mother used to drive more.  Hopefully it will not be the last time we sit together here for lunch over BBQ sammies!  I will be picking her up in about a week, traveling to Austin, seeing the eye doc, traveling back to Brenham, then back to Austin.  Lots of driving, but I would rather know she will be safely transported there and back.

 A leaf impression in her driveway

And maybe we will stop at the BBQ place again.  God willing.


Gina

1 comment:

Mia said...

Just wanted to let you know I read your blog, for about a year now, I just never post everything. I enjoy reading it.
Mia in California