Friday, September 27, 2019

5 thing Friday - garden plans, Stubby, corks, owl pillow, homebody me

Recently we visited my sister in Georgetown and were admiring her Pride of Barbados shrubs out front.  She never even planted them there - she says they just appeared and started growing!
The birds or wind must be scattering the seeds.  She gave me several seed pods and I hope to grow some of my own at Highlands since they are deer-resistant. 
 {I spy a hummingbird!}
Last weekend, the little dog that belongs to our neighbors at Highlands showed up to beg for breakfast scraps.  So much whining and shivering.
Stubby, I like petting you and all, but you don't belong to me and this bacon is all MINE.  We placed a table and some folding chairs in a little shady spot a ways down from the barn.  I hope that every time we decide to eat breakfast al fresco in this spot, he doesn't arrive to beg...
The new winery we joined, 7 Creeks, has this amazing cork art displayed in their tasting room.  I mean come on - this woman's cork creativity takes it to a whole new level!!  Her daughter-in-law said she just free-handed it, gluing and placing as she went, no plan.  Making one that is similar is my next cork art project!
{I mean, I have 3K corks and need a project, so...}
I splurged on this owl pillow from PB which looked a lot cuter on their website than it does in person.  But whatevs, it was $20 off with free shipping.  Since it takes a gigantic pillow form and I am a cheapo, I folded a large out-of-season blanket to stuff it with.  By the time we need the blanket, it will be time to decorate for Christmas.  Brilliant, no?
This week, I pulled my trusty crock pot out and made a chicken stew of sorts.  Then I cleaned the kitchen, swept and mopped the house, did all of the laundry, and made my bed.  It was so nice to come home to the house smelling wonderful and clean. 
I'm still a homebody at heart.


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

That cork art is amazing! I am not a wine drinker, so have to rely on my neighbors for corks, but they would no doubt be happy to oblige should the urge to create with corks hit me.