Friday, October 4, 2024

5 thing Friday - mug, getaway, wine, pizza, shepherd's hook

The hospital system I work for recently had a cyber attack event (it was in the news) and after a few tense weeks, It was resolved, much to everyone's relief.
In appreciation, they sent everyone one of these insulated mugs.   I ordered a vinyl decal for it from my favorite Etsy lady, but I'm not sure I will take it to work.  I've been on a mission to drink more water, so this might live at my reading chair.  In any case, I would never spend $40+ on a mug for myself, so this is a very nice gift!
Dry cereal makes a good snack to munch while you read, btw.
I took a short-ish trip to the Hill Country for an overnight trip.
A place to relax in peace and quiet.  It was lovely.
I enjoyed a glass of wine* from a winery that Mark and I hadn't gotten around to visit - Sangiovese, his favorite.
I packed my own dinner, which was a great idea as the roads leading out to this place were narrow and winding - at night I would have been lost finding my way back!
Along with just sitting and enjoying solitude, I enjoyed time reading and journaling.  At night I lay on the top of the picnic table staring at the stars.  I had great cell service, so I was even able to attend my telehealth appointment.  Then at 11 a.m., then next day, I headed back homeward.
I stopped at a favorite pizza place and may have enjoyed some beer* along with my lunch.
Along with the decal, I'm thinking about ordering this shepherd's hook for a gold chain I already have.  I think it would be a neat way to wear a jumble of gold charms.  I always feel nervous ordering jewelry from Etsy, though.  And for sure, its not something I need, strictly speaking.
All in all, it was a good week.  The break was needed, the weather is cooling, the weekend is here!


Gina


*I think I am officially over wine.  I've noticed that, as I age, it tends to affect my sleep and make me feel dicey the next day.  Really, same with beer. One is nice, two is too much, and I really value my sleep and overall health more!

No comments: