Friday, October 18, 2024

5 thing Friday - hair, eating out vs. cooking, pancakes, Teddy, chai latte

Just a reminder: this is where I am starting out with my hair loss: 
I did see the dermatologist and she took two scalp biopsies which, along with hair loss from stress,  shows a type of problem that will respond to Minoxidil.  (Did you know that Minoxidil is a blood pressure medication?  I did not!)
Since I am already on a BP med, I have to keep better track of my BP and any symptoms that are related, like dizziness.  I'm not going to let this weird me out.  My PCP said we can adjust my BP med.  The dermatologist also suggested deep tissue scalp massage, a red light, and rosemary oil.  As usual, I am on board with trying everything to see if it works.
This reasonably sized lunch was $17(!) and is the conundrum I am having with not wanting to cook.  There's always a trade-off, so I may have to rethink my stance on not cooking. (it was delicious, however!)
Something I will never get tired of is a fresh bed of greens topped with a protein and various veggies, with a squiggle of dressing.  So this will likely be on all of my menus forever.  I usually buy a 2# package of ground beef, make my own taco seasoning, then store it in ziplocs in the freezer.  Easy peasey.
I also mixed up a big batch of pumpkin pancakes this week and froze some in containers for work breakfasts.  I added in egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla protein milk.  They are delightful! Having something good to look forward to eating at work goes a long way on a long shift.
Teddy came to visit.
He alternated between ignoring me, and begging for attention.  His mama gave him a bath before he came over, but little does she know he's been rolling around in the grass and taking naps outside.
Which is OK, because a work friend turned me on to this instant tea and I sip it while he does his thing.  Tis the season for a warm comforting cuppa while you are wrapped in a blanket on the back patio.  I highly recommend!


Gina

No comments: