Friday, May 12, 2023

Mother's Day 2023

It has occurred to me that this little ole blog has become less about our life as a family, more about my life as a widow, and I never would have imagined that.  I do have the other blog, which generally is a place for me to vent.  So maybe I will figure out a way to merge the two, I haven't decided.
Anyhoo, Mother's Day is once again upon us.  And for all of the empty nesters or otherwise child-free among us, its a Hallmark kind of day.  I doubt very much that my "kids" will remember it, even the one who works at a major grocery chain that has a huge display in the front of the store designed to make it easy for men to grab a tray of chocolate covered things as a last minute gift.  So, here's my MD plan, and I'm going into it like any other weekend:
Saturday and Sunday, I will go to work.  I have a couple of small meals for each day, but may still end up enjoying a bowl of cereal before I hit the hay.  Its been slow at work (common for a brand new hospital) so I am going to assemble some things for me to work on. (continuing education, writing my mother a letter, organizing a couple of the XR rooms, gathering serial numbers for the equipment, etc., writing a blog post or two, planning my off days next week, etc.)
I bought myself a new comforter and shams, and something to hang on the wall over the bed.  I gave myself a home pedicure.  I may go get my hair cut today. 
I plan on staying off social media, which makes me feel sad most of the time, and I for sure don't need that. 
 Most importantly, I'm going to remind myself:  the goal of raising kids is to get them to adulthood intact.  I did that.  All while working and being fully a mom.  I'm proud of what I managed to do.  
Its going to be a good weekend - I hope yours is lovely too!


Gina

2 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Mother's Day, Gina. ❤️

wolfek said...

Happy Mother's day!! I'm having hamburger helper for lunch. I'm really living it up!!