Friday, May 19, 2023

5 thing Friday - BBQ lunch, thrifty finds, new earrings, laundromat musings, new coverlet

A couple of weeks ago, I took myself out to a BBQ place in Burnet that Mark and I had been meaning to try.  Better late than never? 
Mark always had a soft spot for a place that was closer to Highlands, probably because he liked the owner so much.  {They are under new ownership now and will re-open soon, which is great for Burnet!}
But this place wasn't bad at all.  I had a sliced and chopped moist brisket sammie with a side of beans for $10 and I couldn't even eat the whole thing.  Then I picked up my wine at Perissos.  It was a fun field trip.  I'll probably do that again.
My latest thrift shopping "spree" netted me a pretty dip-dyed sundress, a new pair of Lee shorts, and three books.  Cheap-ish thrills.
The Girl gave me the pretty blossom earrings for Mother's Day.  I love them!  They are very easy to put on and forget about.  Simple and so pretty. {the mini pearl ones are from her, too - she has good taste!}
I bought a new coverlet for my bed since I wasn't digging the new sheets against the white comforter.  And last time I tried washing it at home it turned into a wrinkled mess.  So, to the laundromat I went.  And I *might have* waited in the truck with Taco Bell.
What a dive this place is.  Gave me the icky feels and reminded me of sub-standard summers spent with my father or an older sister, neither one having a washer/dryer and us kids hanging out at the laundromat for hours.  Boring and terrible.  My kids never knew that in their childhood, and for that I am grateful.
So, anyway, here is the new coverlet.  {Should be much easier to clean in my machine}  I was sold on this gold color the minute I saw it - it reminds me of my high school bedroom which I painted from baby blue to "Apple Cider".  I bought a coordinating comforter in forest green and this color, and my boyfriend and I installed wall to wall shag carpet in forest green to complete the look.
I loved that bedroom!
I took down the framed print that had been up there for ages and replaced it with this wall medallion which seemed to fit the new vibe of the room perfectly.  And I removed all of the traces of burgundy that had been in here before. 
I am pleased  (:
Happy Weekend!


Gina

2 comments:

Kim said...

The bedroom looks great! Love that color and your new earrings. Pretty! I'm always looking for ones that you can put on and sleep in, too.

Anonymous said...

I spent many hours in high school at the laundromat. I did the laundry for our family of 6, 2-3x a week. And then hung it out to dry or put it in the dryer depending on the weather. My sons also haven’t gone to the laundromat. I wouldn’t wish it in anyone! As an adult, I can live without any appliance except the washer. It’s a must for me.