Friday, May 5, 2023

5 thing Friday - closet light, baked oatmeal, new sheets, friends, weekend

 The lighting in my closet is not great for detail.  I end up taking my earring box out to the bedroom to find what I want to wear.
So I ordered this tap light to shine down on the "dressing area" in here.
I'm pleased with it - for $13 it comes with a tiny remote that has a timer function, and you can also change up the brightness.  Plus, you can either adhere it to the surface or screw on two small brackets.
Cookie Baked Oatmeal is a new way for me to enjoy oats in the morning - tastes like a banana oatmeal muffin in a dish!  I made a batch of these for an easy take to work breakfast.  Add a little sugar if you like yours sweeter.  Or a scoop of ice cream if you want a healthy dessert.

Cookie Baked Oatmeal
3/4 c. oats (I used quick oats)
1/3 c. milk (I used almond milk)
1 banana, mashed
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 t. baking soda
Preheat oven to 350.  Mix everything well. Divide into three small buttered ramekins and top with dark chocolate chips or nuts or blueberries.  Bake for 25 min.

I made a Target run for heavy duty hangers, batteries, nail polish remover, and bumpy arms cream, and came away with all of that plus a new set of sheets.  So I gave my room a little love in the form of dusting, rearranging pretty things, and changing out my old sheets.
I have never owned a set of black sheets and they look a little weird with my grey and white comforter but who else is going to see them besides me? 
 They remind me of a Laura Ashley dress from long ago.  It was high time I bought pretty sheets - I always had a hard time finding sheets that weren't too feminine or too masculine.  But I think Mark would have liked these.
They came in this fabric pouch that I looped around one of my closet rods.  Still wondering what I will store in it, if anything, but its so cute!
Heavy sigh.  A friend of mine sent me a photo of a photo of us long ago in our dorm room - forty two years ago.  How is that possible?  What I remember most from my years at UT was slowly pulling out of a deep depression, and making friends that I would know and love for a long time.  {also I was very thin at 118 pounds} We keep falling in and out of each others' orbits for no real reason.
And speaking of friends who I may or may not see again for a long while,  one of my work friends sent this pic to another (former) work friend to show me that I'm still around at the old place.  It made me shed a tear.  I didn't really say goodbye to them and I do miss them.  They were good co-workers and some of them I had known almost 30 years.  But I actually do need my right marker, so he's going to send it interoffice mail.
And tomorrow starts my second weekend at the new place.


Gina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in APO at UT!

Kim said...

I have friends like that...they just pop in and out at random times, and it always takes me back to those lovely long agos.

Allyson @ Southern Sunflowers said...

I always enjoy when I come across old college photos. My roommate and I still get together at least twice a year ~ for 40 years. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty!