Friday, October 25, 2024

5 thing Friday - enchiladas, Scout, yards, protein, projects

 I'm doing OK with the "cook once, eat twice" method.  Last week I did a couple of small dishes of enchilada casserole using up some corn tortillas, cheese, taco meat, and sauce from the freezer.
These little glass dishes are perfect for that.  They come with lids that snap on, and they are easy to pack in my lunchkit.
This person (Scout) has a birthday coming up next week.  Its been a tough couple of years for him, and though I will miss him terribly,  I feel like I need to encourage him more to find an apartment and make a stab at autonomous living.  I'm going to make him some homemade cookies, buy a birthday gift or two, chat with him again.
I've said it before: parenting adults is hard.
My yards are fully into drought mode, the grass barely growing.  The sprinkler system went kaput and I spent a tiny fraction of time watering them over the summer.  It just seemed so pointless with the triple digit temps.  I read somewhere that we are wasting way too much water on our lawns and we really should be xeriscaping, with native grasses and plants.  There is ONE house on my entire block that has green grass and I imagine they water it often.
I bought some protein snacks at HEB that were buy two, get one free.  I'm actually not a fan of protein added foods - have you ever noticed they have a weird texture?  Its like sawdust is the prime ingredient.  That being said, I have managed to add more protein to my day, and according to the dermatologist, this is key for hair growth.
I got as far as purchasing the weather stripping for a couple of Fall projects - now if I could only get started on them. Procrastination is high at Camp Rustown, motivation is low.  If we could just get some Fall-like weather!


Gina

No comments: